Stay ahead of the Curve: Keep These Do’s and Dont’s in Mind during the Home Buying Process
We have a few reminders for new buyers that will make for the most pleasant experience possible for all of those involved.
- Use our specialized property search to narrow down which type of home you like and share the results with your agent.
- Choose an agent who will mirror your interests during this process.
- Obtain a pre-approval letter as quickly as possible, preferably before you begin to view homes.
- Agents keep your best interests in mind, so to avoid confusion and delays, work with only one buyer’s agent.
- Educate yourself on the recommended and/or required items once you are under contract — ask your agent for more information.
- View our list of vendors. (We have a great team who will work together effectively to make this process smooth and easy!)
- Jump into purchasing more home than you can afford.
- Set unrealistic expectations for a purchase price.
- Attempt to bounce from one agent to another.
- Expect to see a property moments after finding one online.
- Decide to go through this process on your own — work with an expert!
- Make a significant credit purchase or inquiry before your home has closed escrow.